Monday, August 31, 2009

A New Place for the Daily Meditations

Starting today, I'm going to have two blogs.  The meditations on the Daily Office have been moved to "The Daily Office @ Christ Church."  If you have received some spiritual benefit from my meditations, then join me over there in cyberspace.  Please bookmark it or save it as one of your favorites on the Internet.

I've felt constrained from blogging on more general issues in the parish and community because I was concerned that anything I posted would quickly get buried under the daily meditations; and many of you who check the blog once or twice a week would miss those more general postings.  On this blog, I will continue to post my sermons, and other reflections about twice a week.

That means you'll hear more from me on more issues, questions, and situations than just the meditations.  I like to think that I'm creating more opportunities for us to communicate with each other.  Notice that "communicate", and "communion" share the same root.  When we share the Holy Communion of the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ, we are also, in a sense, communicating with each other.  Let's keep that holy communication going throughout the week.

I have just one request.  I've made it as easy as possible for folks to comment on my posts by not requring registration.  If you do post a comment at either blog as "Annonymous," please sign your post at the end.  I'd really like to know who I'm communicating with.

No comments: