Friday, May 22, 2009

Taking a Short Break

I'm headed to Birmingham to visit my father-in-law. I know that many of you are taking off for the Memorial Day Weekend. So, I'm going to give us all a holiday break from the daily meditations.

I will post my sermon on Sunday, so that all of you playing hookey can still hear the Word given and received. In the meantime, you can continue to read the Scriptures and pray at the Daily Office website. I will resume my daily thoughts on Tuesday.

Have a blessed and refreshing break, and please remember that Memorial Day is not just the start of Summer, but is also the day to remember and give thanks for those who, as Abraham Lincoln said in his Gettysburg Address, gave their last full measure of devotion for the land God gave them, and our freedom.

No comments: